Mobile is very important for local businesses. When your customers are out and about, they could be looking for the closest business of your type, from gas stations and restaurants to legal or medical help. In fact 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information on their phones.
Source: Google, “The Mobile Movement: Understanding Smartphone Users,” 2011
Here are some addtional Mobile Usage Facts:
- By 2015, mobile commerce will reach $119 billion worldwide.
- 85% of Americans age 18 and over have a mobile phone.
- 68% of people over age 65 have mobile phones.
- 65% have read product reviews on their phones.
- 61% of Smartphone users call a business after searching & 59% visit the location.
- 50% of all mobile searches lead to a purchase.
- 41% of smartphone owners have made a purchase from their mobile phone
- By 2015, it is predicted that mobile shopping will account for $163 billion in sales worldwide: 12% of global e-commerce turnover
- Consumers are 51% more likely to purchase from retailers that have mobile specific websites
- 79% of smartphone users found it useful to download mobile coupons to their phones